Friday, November 30, 2012

Master List of Genealogy To-Dos



For 2012, I had a list of 12 things I wanted to accomplish.  I think I did a great job:

1.    Finish rough draft of Dukes of Mixager.  DONE

2.    Edit Dukes of Mixager.  DONE
3.    Publish Dukes of Mixager.  DONE
4.    Finish rough draft of Chicken Wings and Peas.  DONE
5.    Edit Chicken Wings and Peas.  Adding footnotes and final edit.
6.    Publish Chicken Wings and Peas.  Pending footnotes and final edit.
7.    Put together a photo book of William Mason Conner.  I incorporated this into the Dukes of Mixager.  Done.
8.    Order death certificates from Iowa.  Done.
9.    Order Civil War pension file and service records for Miles Price.  Done.
10.  Write up John Shelton and do research on Shelton line.  Move to 2013. 
11.  Write at least one post per week on genealogy blog and family blog.  Getting better
12.  Do not get sidetracked by other projects.  Working on it.


For 2013, I looked at the master list of to-do’s that I just keep adding to.  I thought I would share my current list of Genealogy Things I Want to Do Someday and then my 2013 list of things I want to do:

TRIPS
Lucas County, Iowa where my Conner and Price families lived
Capa, South Dakota where my grandfather lived.  Preferably WITH my grandfather.
Haakon County, South Dakota where my 2nd great grandfather had a homestead
Sacramento- 2nd great grandparent's house
Sacramento- Roots Cellar Library
Massachusetts- New England Historic Genealogical Society
Massachusetts- Plymouth again
Indiana- Allen County Public Library again
San Francisco- Sutro Library
Salt Lake City- Family History Library
Motor home the Civil War route that Miles’ took
Carluke, Scotland
Go on a genealogy cruise

WRITING
Write a book about my dad
Write a book about Miles Price
Write a book about the Mariani family
Complete a genealogy scrapbook
Enter footnotes to Duke’s book
Write a 5-generation book of the kids' ancestors
Write my personal family history book
Picture book of Christmas decorations 
Revisit blog posts and update to provide source info

CONFERENCES
Roots Tech
FGS conference
NGS conference

RESEARCH AND EDUCATION
Find out more about Miles Price’s parents
Take classes at National Institute for Genealogical Studies
Learn to do presentations
Learn Photoshop
Learn inDesign
Learn how to do a for-family podcast
Update my website with all new features 
Map and pin where ancestors were from and lived

ITEMS TO DO IN 2013:
TRIPS
Sacramento- 2nd great grandparent's house, Root Cellar Library (schedule for a Sacramento weekend)
San Francisco- Sutro Library (field trip with 4-H family history class maybe)

WRITING
Write a book about the Mariani family (currently in progress)
Write a book about Miles Price (currently in progress)
Write a book about my dad (currently in progress)
Write up Shelton line

RESEARCH AND EDUCATION
Take classes at National Institute for Genealogical Studies (currently in progress)
Learn to do presentations (currently in progress - just joined TOASTMASTERS and am giving mini-presentations in the L-AGS groups I do)

No comments:

Post a Comment